Approximately 24 hours until I leave the U.S. for Argentina!
While I wouldn't yet describe myself as a nervous wreck, I'm been fervently reading through my Latin American Spanish phrase book to try to get a grasp on the vocabulary of traveling, because my flight itinerary is a little tricky. In Buenos Aires, I will have to transfer airports, not just flights, to get to Bariloche. I'll fly into the international airport, take a taxi to the municipal airport, and then have to check in there. Dios mio!
So long as a I survive the flights (start to finish spans 20ish hours), I am quite excited for my Argentine adventure. I'll be spending two and a half weeks in Bariloche, informally the capital of Patagonia, which has been described as the Aspen of Argentina. It sits on a lake called Lago Nahuel Huapi with the Andes as a backdrop. Here's the link to the school where I'll start my immersion program: http://www.lamontana.com/. I'll be staying with a local family who lives just a few blocks from the lake and a short walk to the school. Sounds very enchanting. And I hope it will be. We shall find out in the next blog post. To be continued...
Besos!
Heidi
Monday, February 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I just got a little nervous for you! We're already missing you up here in the frozen tundra that is Portland until April...Maybels misses you the most-no one pays NEARLY enough attention to her as you do...also, I made a chicken and root veggie pot pie last night. I still have left overs if you want to just come home rather than South America....
ReplyDelete