Friday, February 6, 2009

the view from my room





Well, I can't quite figure out how to get these photos to line up in a nice panoramic way, but this is the view of Lago Nahuel Huapi from my room. The lake is always choppy, and later in the day the wind blows the water into huge swells. I swear I watched a scene from the Perfect Storm yesterday as a small boat tried to conquer the huge swells. I almost choked on my heart when I saw the water pour over the bow, but the boat went along regardless. I have many more pictures to share, including some images of astounding murals on this side street, but my battery is on its last legs and I don't have the right adapter to plug into the electrical outlets here. This weekend I'm going on an overnight trek up the highest mountain in the region. So many more pictures to share next week.

Besos!

1 comment:

  1. Amazing pics love! And if you click on them, they get bigger! It must be beautiful to watch the weather come in over the mountains and lake. How are the sunsets?

    ReplyDelete